Athens & Olympia – 2 of the most significant sites in Greece! Witness firsthand the sacred lands of history and ancient civilization. Discover both Athens, the capital of Greece, and Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games.
Athens’ Famous Sites
Athens is the historical capital of Europe and one of the world's oldest cities, with a recorded history of over 3400 years. Over the years, unique, splendid monuments were erected making Athens an attractive metropolis with unrivaled charm. The cultural and social life plays out amongst Athens’ famous sites and centuries-old landmarks. Admire the Parthenon Temple at the Acropolis, the revered landmark which still dominates over the city dedicated to the Goddess Athena, the Goddess of wisdom. Situated at the foot of the Acropolis' southern slope, the Acropolis museum hosts significant artifacts found on the Sacred Rock. Wander through the ruins of the Agora, the ancient center of political, spiritual, athletic, and artistic activity in the heart of the city.
The Modern Side of Athens
Athens is a lively city that you must visit at least once in your lifetime! However, the city has so much more to offer than just the old mainstream sightseeing possibilities. It is a city filled with things to do and see, and lively districts to explore. Discover the modern side of Athens and make your visit to this colorful city a trip to remember!
- Athens at a Glimpse - Acropolis Site & Plaka (4-5h)
- Private Athens Tour - New Acropolis Museum, Acropolis Site & Plaka (6-7h)
- The Best of Athens Museums & Sights (Full day)
- Athens Sunset Tour – Acropolis site & Lycabettus Hill (4h)
- Premium Skip-The-Lines Athens - Piraeus Joined Tour (5h)
- Athens - Piraeus Joined Tour - The Highlights of Athens (4-5h)
- Athens - Piraeus Joined Tour - The Ultimate Athens Experience (7h)
- Athens-Piraeus Joined Tour with On-Board Guidance - Budget tour (4-5)
- Athens Joined Street Food & Sightseeing tour - Athens Sights and Bites (5h)
Olympia’s Famous Sites
A trip to Greece is incomplete without visiting Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Admire the sacred land where the Olympic Flame is lit for each Olympiad. Pass through the arched stone passageway and discover the original Olympic Stadium. Don't miss the opportunity to run the ancient track! Situated in a serene and rich valley of the Peloponnese, Ancient Olympia was once a major Panhellenic religious sanctuary dedicated to the god Zeus. His gold and ivory statue, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, once attracted millions of pilgrims from all over. The archaeological site held over 70 significant buildings and ruins many of which still survive.
The Modern Town of Olympia
The modern town of Olympia is situated at a close distance from the archaeological sites and points of interest. The town itself is divided by a long pedestrian street which is the heart of the town. Around visitor can find typical Greek taverns, ATMs, souvenir shops, a post office, several cafes, and a few bars.
- Premium Skip-the-Line Olympia - Katakolon Joined Tour (5h)
- Olympia - Katakolon Joined Tour & Free Olive Oil Tasting (5h)
- Olympia - Katakolon Joined Tour – Pure Olympia (4h)
- Olympia - Katakolon Joined Tour with On-Board Guidance – Budget Tour (5h)
- Private Olympia Sightseeing #1 rated tour
- Ancient Olympia & Beach Fun for Kids (half day)
- Ancient Olympia & Beach Getaway (half day)
- Olympia & Wine Flavors - Site and Winery - Half Day Tour