The Peloponnese attracts thousands of visitors every year for its diverse landscape, its picturesque villages and wonderful beaches. Its coastlines are dotted with seaside villages, endless shores and sparkling waters. The Olympia region, known as the Cote d’Azur of the Peloponnese, is very popular among cruisers due to its sandy coastline and tourist facilities. The region also offers beautiful coves which attract many visitors. Each beach in the peninsula has its own special character and beauty. Inviting you to get to know them all is our insider’s guide to the best beach tours in the Peloponnese.
The Best Beach Tours in the Peloponnese
- Private Olympia Sightseeing #1 rated tour: Our Private Olympia Sightseeing #1 rated tour is top on our insider’s guide to the best beach tours in the Peloponnese list with the best Olympia tours & activities. It includes a visit to Ancient Olympia and to the exceptional Agios Andreas Beach. Agios Andreas Beach near Olympia lies just behind the picturesque port of Katakolon. Agios Andreas is a nascent settlement situated in the pine cove of Ancient Pheia, which is described as possessing ‘outstanding natural beauty’. Its unique landscape is composed of a small cove, deep-blue water and pine trees that stretch out to the sea. The beach of Agios Andreas charms the visitor and especially divers since its sea-floor has been described as magical.
- Olympia Taxi Tour Experience: On your private Olympia Taxi Tour Experience discover the spirit of Ancient Olympia and choose among the various attractions. Experience the coastal beauties of the area, hassle-free. Agios Andreas Beach, Skafidia Beach and Kourouta Beach near Olympia are very popular among the locals and offer the perfect combination of endless blue and an amazing view of the Ionian Sea. The waters here are very shallow and that makes these beaches ideal for young children. There are free sun beds and umbrellas to enjoy your coffee literally on the beach - the best way to end this wonderful Greek experience.
- Ancient Olympia & Beach Fun for Kids (half day): Ancient Olympia & Beach Fun for Kids is a fun-filled private tour, ideal for families with children. After your visit to Olympia, a monument of the world heritage of UNESCO, you will make a short stop for a dip at Agios Andreas Beach or Skafidia Beach. Whichever your choice, you will be provided with free tourist facilities, such as sunbeds, wi-fi and changing rooms. The mud rocks on these beaches are perfect for a natural beauty treatment since they contain sulphur. Have fun rubbing each other with this gift of nature and don’t forget to take fun pictures!
- Ancient Olympia & Beach Getaway (half day): The Ancient Olympia & Beach Getaway will take you through the Greek countryside to Olympia. The grand archeological park of Ancient Olympia is sure to reward you. Wrap up your tour with an energising dip at Agios Andreas Beach, situated just a breath away from Katakolon Port. You may prolong your tour by visiting Kourouta Beach. A half-hour drive from Katakolon Port, Kourouta Beach offers the perfect combination of endless blue and golden sand. Kourouta Beach has an infinite variety of cafes, tavernas and restaurants to choose from. Enjoy the ultimate experience as whatever you desire is within your reach.
- The Kourouta Beach Experience – Beach Getaway (half day): The Kourouta Beach Experience – Beach Getaway will take you on a journey through the lush green landscapes to the seaside village of Kourouta. Kourouta beach is a summer paradise ideal for the whole family since the waters are crystal clear and thus it has been awarded with the Blue Flag, a voluntary Eco-label given to clean beaches that are also safe. Wander around the lively collection of cafes and bars aligning the beach. Have lunch at one of the Greek tavernas, popular with the locals.
- The Best of Katakolon with the Locals - Kremasti Monastery & Agios Andreas Beach: If visiting Ancient Olympia is not in your plans and you prefer to discover the surrounding area, then The Best of Katakolon with the Locals - Kremasti Monastery & Agios Andreas Beach is the tour for you. This program will bring you to the heart of the countryside by visiting Kremasti Monastery, a local winery and the Agricultural Association. Unwind under the Greek sun at Agios Andreas Beach, where time is said to have stood still. In its waters are the remains of Ancient Pheia, an important harbor for Ancient Olympia. At the sea front bar, the sea breeze will accompany you while you enjoy your coffee or an ouzo with Greek snack.
- Chlemoutsi Castle & Kourouta Beach Getaway - Kid Friendly Tour (full day): On your Chlemoutsi Castle & Kourouta Beach Getaway - Kid Friendly Tour you will discover a beautiful medieval castle standing on a hill on the westernmost headland of the Peloponnese. After your visit to the castle, you will make a stop at Kourouta Beach for lunch or coffee and, of course, a refreshing swim. Ideal for families with younger children as the waters of the blue-flagged shore are both clean and safe. Combine a dip with a nice stroll for a glimpse of the local summer life.
- Gythion & Mani with the Diros Caves (half day): This exciting Gythion & Mani with the Diros Caves tour is last but not least on our insider’s guide to the best beach tours in the Peloponnese list. Set off at Gythion and through the wild landscape of the Mani to reach the majestic Diros Caves. Diros offers visitors spectacular beauty hidden in the depths of the earth. Leaving the sea cave, which is considered to be one of the most beautiful sea caves in the world, you will visit the picturesque villages in the Mani region where you will have the opportunity to take a dip in the unparalleled waters of the Laconian Gulf.
The Peloponnese features some of the best beaches in Greece and is loved by those looking for the perfect place to enjoy their summer vacation. Follow our insider’s guide to the best beach tours in the Peloponnese and discover your own blue paradise! Depending on your destination, choose among the tours on the list for the best beach near Olympia for your ultimate Olympia and summer beach escape, the best beach near Katakolon Port, or the best beach near Gythion and enjoy the unsurpassed sea, sun and Greek fun!