Small Group Tour, SMART 2, Olympia – Athens, All-INCLUSIVE Package
100% GUARANTEED PUNCTUAL RETURN TO PORT
Max participation 19 persons
Price: 125€ p.p., 99€ children under 12 years old, free of charge children under 3 years old
Included: Certified English-speaking guide
This All-Inclusive Package is the best way to visit both Olympia and Athens, two of the most significant sites in Greece, worry-free! Explore the sacred lands of history and ancient civilization. Discover both Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games, and Athens, one of the world's oldest cities and the capital of Greece by saving both time and money as everything is included.
Discover Olympia, the playground of the Greek mythological heroes and the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Along with your licensed tourist guide, visit one of the most significant archaeological sites in Greece and witness the very spot where the Olympic flame is lit. Go on to discover the treasures of antiquity at the Archaeological Museum of Olympia, one of the principal museums of Greece.
This blessed land is home to one of the finest agricultural produce in the country. The Mediterranean olive oil produced here is said to be a gift from the gods. Seize the opportunity to taste these world-renowned products and discover how olive oil is meant to be experienced - free of charge!
Discover Athens, the capital of Greece. Come aboard this time-travelling adventure of the city of history and ancient civilisation. Along with your certified tour guide, admire the Parthenon and the Erechtheion Temple at the Acropolis, the revered landmark dedicated to the Goddess Athena, the Goddess of wisdom. Stroll through the oldest district of Plaka, a bustling area full of all kinds of giftshops, cafes, restaurants and galleries in the heart of city. It is ideal for shopping and tasting the local cuisine.
Tour the busy streets of Panepistimiou and Stadiou and stop off at the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games were held. Carry on past the Parliament House, the Catholic Cathedral and the Athenian Trilogy, the Arch of Hadrian, the temple of Olympic Zeus and stop at the Syntagma Square to witness the Changing of the Presidential Guards. Then, revel in some free time in the district of Plaka, the most beautiful district of the historical center,
Take advantage of the benefits of our small group tours instead of spending precious time waiting in line at the site ticket offices, simply breeze past the crowds as our Shore Excursions Destination Management expert will have arranged admission for you. So, luxuriate in the most remarkable sites in Greece and leave the rest to us!
- Explore two of the most significant sites in Greece accompanied by your licensed tourist guide throughout the tours.
- Discover Olympia, one of the most significant archaeological sites in Greece. Once the mighty sanctuary dedicated to the god Zeus, it housed his gold and ivory statue, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
- Admire firsthand the sacred land where the Olympic Flame is lit for each Olympiad.
- Go through the arched stone passageway and uncover the original Olympic Stadium of the ancient athletes. Don't miss the opportunity to run the ancient track!
- Admire the antiquities from the site excavations at the Archaeological Museum just 5 minutes away from the archeological site of Olympia.
- Taste the different products from the famous Greek olive oil and olives to the local wine at the local Association of Agriculture.
- Enjoy some free time in the modern village of Olympia.
- Discover Athens, the birthplace of democracy and the philosophy of Socrates and Plato.
- A photo stop at the marble Panathenaic Stadium that hosted the first modern Olympics in 1896 is the best way to kick off your tour!
- Jump from the past to the present with the Catholic Cathedral and the famous Athenian Trilogy on Panepistimou Str. consisted of The University of Law, The Academy of Science and The National Library, the masterpieces of the so-called Neoclassical movement.
- Visualize the Roman aspect of Athens as you pass in front of The Hadrian Arch of Triumph and The Temple of Zeus.
- Continue to all the ancient and modern hotspots of Athens. The Syntagma Square, in the heart of the city, hosts The Greek House of Parliament. In previous centuries, this was the Royal Palace, surrounded then and still today by the National Gardens.
- A short stop for photos in front of The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Presidential Guards is a MUST!
- You will be dropped off at Dionysiou Aeropagitou Str. to explore the highlights of the city.
- Walk uphill to the Acropolis site and, along with your licensed certified guide, discover the principle buildings; the Propylaia, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion with the famous Caryatid Statues and the magnificent Parthenon.
- Have lunch in the nearby Plaka district to taste the traditional Greek cuisine.
- Guided tours by certified tourist guide by the Greek Ministry of Tourism
- Entrance fees
- Olive oil tasting at the local Association of Agriculture in Ancient Olympia
- Transportation by deluxe fully air-conditioned vehicle
- A bottle of mineral per guest
- Insurance coverage during bus transfers
- Mobile contact number for any emergency available 24/7
- Drinks, snacks, appetizers unless otherwise mentioned
ticket for Athens Acropolis archaeological site: Included
ticket for Olympia archaeological site & museum: Included
Good to know:
ALL JOINED TOURS ARE CONDUCTED IN ENGLISH
ONLY CERTIFIED TOURIST GUIDES BY THE GREEK MINISTRY OF TOURISM MAY CONDUCT TOURS WITHIN ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES & MUSEUMS IN GREECE
THE ORDER OF TOUR EVENTS MAY VARY FOR YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE SO AS TO AVOID THE CROWDS
Small group tours:
Each tour operates to sufficient demand. The Travel Insiders reserves the right to cancel scheduled tours due to limited participation or other reasons beyond our control two (2) weeks before the date of the tour.
In such case, no compensation will be paid or requested from The Travel Insiders. In the event of “Places of Interest” being closed or road conditions en-route prevent the tour as advertised being operated, every endeavor will be made to substitute an alternative, but the company reserves the right to cancel or alter arrangements.
Once the group reaches the minimum number of participants (8 participants) you will receive an email notification two (2) weeks prior to tour confirming that the itinerary of your choice will be conducted as planned.
If there is not enough participation (minimum 8 participants), you will be notified via email, in which case you can alternatively book a private tour at a special price, or if you prefer, you will be fully refunded.
Cancellations can only be made by confirmed email communication.