Your private Olympia taxi tour experience will take all the hassles out of your Olympia shore excursion so all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy it. On your private Olympia Taxi Tour Experience, the places you visit and the amount of time you spend at each is entirely up to you. Our tours usually last from 5 – 7 hours so your timetable is always flexible. Experience the spirit of Ancient Olympia and choose among the varies attractions. Experience the coastal beauties, the medieval monuments suspended in time, tinkle your taste buds at the wineries and agricultural association and finally mingle with the locals at the farmhouses or the picturesque villages.
- Visit the Olympia Archeological Site, listed as one of the monuments of the word heritage of UNESCO, this beautiful archaeological park is sure to reward you!
- Discover the land where the Olympic torch is lit and grasp the opportunity to run in the Olympic stadium. Make your own olive wreaths and challenge each other for the crown!
- Walk to the nearby Archaeological Museum of Ancient Olympia. A 5-minute walk will bring you to the treasures of the Archaeological Museum of Ancient Olympia.
- Spend some time in the modern village of Olympia to relax, grab one of the famous Greek souvlakia and enjoy some shopping at one of the many souvenir and jewelry workshops.
- At the Archimedes’ Museum, the interactive museum of ancient Greek technology, you will find out how the massive stones were lifted, with the life-size cranes, to create the temples and the ancient Greek technological marvel that created the analog computer of Antikythera, the first in humanity.
- The seaside areas of Agios Andreas, Skafidia and Kourouta are very popular among the locals and offer the perfect combination of endless blue and an amazing view of the Ionian Sea.
- Katakolon is a small picturesque fishing village on the west coast of the Peloponnese, where many cruise ships anchor to visit Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games.
- Climbing up Ancient Vassae (1200m), one has the opportunity to admire the majestic Temple of Epikourios Apollo, dedicated to Apollo the helper, and described as the Parthenon of the Peloponnese.
- The beautiful medieval Castle of Chlemoutsi stands on the summit of a hill on the westernmost headland of the Peloponnese. Feel the atmosphere of the medieval times as you wander around within its huge stone walls.
- If you are searching for an alternative, the Kremasti Monastery is ideal. The etymology of the name is "hanging" as it seems to be hanging off the rock! The view you will have from here is amazing.
- Become initiated into the tastes of the local products and try all the different varieties of Greek olives and virgin olive oil at the Agricultural Association.
- Follow "a wine road" to a local winery. The aromatherapy of the cellars will prepare your taste buds for the wine tasting at the end of this tour.
- Go off-the-beaten-track into a garden filled with fruit trees and vegetables where you will find Greek hospitality at a local farmhouse.
- Transportation by deluxe air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Insurance coverage during bus transfers
- Olive oil & wine tasting (Agricultural Association)
- Coffee and sweets (farmhouse)
- Sunbeds, showers, changing cabinets and Wi-Fi at the beach
- Mobile contact number for any emergency available 24/7
- Guided tour by an English-speaking certified tourist guide by the Greek Ministry of Tourism (upon request)
- Drinks, snacks, appetizers, lunch (unless otherwise mentioned)
- Entrance fees
ticket for archaeological site & museum: 12€ per person
reduced ticket: senior citizens with EU passport
free of charge: students with EU student ID and under 18 years old
winery: 9€ per person, 6€ children under 12 years old
monastery: free of charge
farmhouse: free of charge